The School considers the Safety and Security of your ward as paramount.
Various SOPs and Committees are in place to ensure that your ward remains safe, secure and away from harm when in School.
Safety Committees –
- Sexual Harassment Committee and POCSO Committee
- Bullying and Ragging Committee
- Nirbheek Programme Monitoring Committee
- Safety Audit Committee
- Disaster Management Committee
- Full Time School Counsellor
- Security Check Committee
- Washroom Cleanliness Monitoring Committee
- Canteen Monitoring Committee
- Well Equipped Infirmary with a full time qualified Nurse
- 24 x 7 CCTV Monitoring
- Exit Plans Displayed at various locations for Quick and Systematic Evacuation
- Important Phone Numbers are displayed at prominent locations
- CWSN Friendly Washrooms
- Fire Extinguishers (ABC and CO2 Types)
- Sand Buckets
- Power Back Up
- Industrial Grade RO for safe drinking water
- Water Coolers
- Visitor Monitoring Software
- GPS, CCTV & Mobile App equipped School Transport
Best Practices & SOPs
- Deployment of Staff to accompany children on School Transport both in the morning and afternoon, as well Staff to monitor the Transport en-route till the last Drop Point
- Weekly Mock Drills
- Fortnightly Security and Safety Walks involving Parents, Staff and students
- Buddy System in the primary classes, when children visit the washroom.
- Regular Workshops on Child Safety, Good Touch Bad Touch, Gender Sensitivity, Hygiene and Health are organized in the School for the students as well as the Staff.
- Disaster Management Training Sessions and Mock Drills are conducted by Certified personnel such as the DFS and CISF.
- SMS Alerts for Absentees.
Remember We Really Do Care !
Role of Parents
It is imperative to understand that the child spends 7 – 8 hours in School, the remaining part of his day is spent at home. Parents play a crucial role in ensuring the correct bringing of their ward(s). The School sends regular Advisories as issued by the Authorized Departments; Dept. of Education, CBSE, Delhi Police and the Delhi Traffic Police.
- Parents must ensure that their ward(s) is punctual and attends School regularly.
- The School Gates will open at 7:25 from April to December and February to March and at 7:45 in January, before which No Child will be permitted to enter the School.
- The School Gates will close at 7:45am from April to December and February to March and at 8:00am in January after which No Child will be allowed to enter the School.
- All students must wear their School issued Identity Cards when coming to School.
- All parents too must carry their Parent Id Card when visiting the School.
- Parents must ensure that their child does not come to School driving a Four Wheeler or Two Wheeler (Motorbike/Scooter/Scooty/Moped). As per guidelines issued by the Delhi Police the vehicle will be confiscated.
For Parents Whose Ward(s) Use Private Vans/Cabs For Travelling To School
- Parents must verify the character antecedents of the Driver and Conductor of the vehicle
- Parents must ensure that the vehicle is carrying more children than permitted
- The vehicle must run only on legal fuel
- The vehicle must have a First Aid Box and a Fire Extinguisher
- The Parents must keep a copy of the Driver and Conductor’s License, Resident Proof and also must have their Contact numbers
- At least one Parent must accompany the children on shift-duty basis on the vehicle to ensure that the Driver does not break traffic rules and drives within the speed limit
- The vehicle must be safe for travel and road worthy
All Parents must ensure that their Ward(s) follows the Code of Conduct as directed by the Directorate of Education – (Circular No. DE.23(555)/Sch.Br./2014/1900 Dtd. 3-11-2016)
- No child should bring a Mobile, Tab or any Electronic Gadget to School otherwise it will be confiscated.
- No student shall come to School driving a Car or Two Wheeler (Motorbike/Scooty/Moped)
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
The Following are the Acts and Misconduct which amount to Forbidden Practices
- Absence from Classes without the permission of the Teacher/Vice-Principal/Principal.
- Misbehaviour towards Teachers or any other employee of the School
- Disobeying lawful orders of the Teacher/Vice Principal/Principal of the School
- Intentional disturbance of classes.
- Bullying/Rowdyism and rude behaviour
- Eve-teasing/misbehaviour towards girl students
- Bringing unauthorized people/articles inside the School
- Indulging in acts of Moral Turpitude
- Any behaviour unbecoming of a student
- Smoking/Chewing Gutka/Paan/Khaini etc.
- Use of drugs or intoxicants (except on prescription by a registered Medical Practitioner)
- Any form of Gambling
- Theft/Pilferage of the School’s / student’s property
- Disfiguring or otherwise damaging School property
- Spitting in or near the School building except where the spitting is done in any spitoon provided by the School
- Use of violence in any form
- Casteism, Communalism or Practice of Untouchability
- Propagating a Strike / Disruption of classes
- Association with banned organization(s)
All these above acts of misconduct are the forbidden practices. In the above acts of misconduct, the Principal/HOS shall take suitable action as per observation of the disciplinary committee at School level depending upon the gravity of misconduct, which may include:
- Oral/Written warning to the student and his/her parents
- Detention during the Break for completion of neglected class work
- Suspension from attending classes / School for a specific period
- Recovery of loss through replacement to School property due to willful damage
- Expulsion/Rustication from School for students of Classes IX to XII in the rarest of rare cases.